.gov DNSSEC operational message

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Dec 29 04:07:22 UTC 2010

> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 22:34:20 -0500 (EST)
> From: Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com>

Ahh. I did miss your point and I suspect others (other than Bill) might
have, as well.

Yes, having a verifiable source of keys OOB might have a small bit of
value, but, assuming we get general adoption of RFC 5011, I think it's
pretty limited value. Of course, this begs the question, how do we do a
better job of verifying the keys received out of band than the root zone
does of verifying the keys? Sort of a chicken and egg problem.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)