Wireless IPv6

Jima nanog at jima.tk
Tue Dec 28 18:12:53 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 09:58 AM, Cameron Byrne wrote:
> I googled around and could not find anything on this.  Can anyone
> share their experience with IPv6 on the Verizon's LTE network?  It is
> my understanding that it would be a dual-stack service, but i have not
> seen any screenshots or reviews that mention anything about IPv6 at
> all from a users perspective.

 I briefly chatted with someone on IRC (freenode, #ipv6) last week who
recently discovered that the connection software for their Verizon
aircard is now picking up an IPv6 address and -- since that change -- a
NATted IPv4 address.  Unfortunately I don't have contact info for this
person, but they were kind enough to share the IPv6 address they were
assigned (under 2600:1007:*, not sure if the remainder is
user-identifiable).

 Not terribly helpful, I'm aware, but it at least implies that there's
still IPv4, albeit with NAT.

     Jima