Public Wireless access (ticket / token / schedule based)

james at jamesstewartsmith.com james at jamesstewartsmith.com
Tue Dec 28 16:55:26 UTC 2010

We've had some good success with the Cisco wireless LAN controllers in our office.  The reception staff are given "Lobby Admin" access that let's them create users with a default expiry of a day (but can go up to 90 days I think). The wireless is technically open, but they can't do anything until they authenticate through the controller's web GUI.  They we have access lists to control what they can do while on the wireless.
Sent from my “contract free” BlackBerry® smartphone on the WIND network.