Muni Fiber Last Mile - a contrary opinion

Brian Christopher Raaen braaen at zcorum.com
Mon Dec 27 12:30:16 UTC 2010

On Monday, December 27, 2010 01:04:33 am Owen DeLong wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Frank Bulk - iName.com wrote:
> Does that back up the cablemodem in the residence? If not, game over.
>
> Owen

All of the Arris eMTA models have a version with built in battery backup, and
as I recall drop net access and continue to provide phone power for some time.
I know in our lab the one of the first things we make sure of, is that the
batteries are not in them so we can do powercycle testing.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architech
Zcorum