Muni Fiber Last Mile - a contrary opinion

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Mon Dec 27 04:22:38 UTC 2010

This thread is really interesting to see what's happening in .us with power.

I've been following what's going on in .au with their ftth project
(doing the whole country and pulling out the legacy copper systems, both
tp and hfc) and there's been a bit of talk about issues in power cuts.

I'm in Christchurch.nz where we've been having earth quakes every day,
it's interesting to see the mobile networks go to half service (2G, no
3G on one network yesterday) when the quakes take out the suburban line
transformers.

--
Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave, Mairehau, Christchurch, NZ