Throttle traffic for a single local IP on a Linux router?

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Fri Dec 24 11:44:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 05:52 -0500, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
> Try a Linksys RV016, it has some decent traffic shaping tools for
> larger home and small business networks.

Yes indeed it does.

Ironically that device runs a linux-y kernel so is probably also using
iptools/tc to achieve the shaping/policing a GUI wrapped around it.

The GPL parts of it are at
ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/opensource/linksys/RVxxxToolchain/

I was also planning to have a look at the hardware in it but that device
is now out of my control :(

Gord