Sprint data network contact?

Stephen Lau steve at grommit.com
Thu Dec 23 23:47:10 UTC 2010

I'm trying to find a contact for someone who might know something about
the proxies running on Sprint's data network.  Basically our Android app
uses a local http server to serve content to the Android media player,
i.e. listening via 127.0.0.1.  Unfortunately, a system update that
Sprint pushed last week seems to enforce a Sprint proxy
(pd.vog.sprintpcs.com:8085) on all HTTP & RTSP traffic... including
traffic to 127.0.0.1, which as you can imagine, predictably fails.

The EVO is our most popular Android device amongst our subscribers, and
we're rapidly losing subscribers because of this problem.  This breaks
streaming for many Android apps that have to use a local content server
(for a variety of reasons, some for playing encrypted content like
ourselves, others who need to maintain backwards compatibility with <2.2
Android which lacked RTSP streaming).

I'm running into brick walls so far and hoping that someone in NANOG
might know a responsible network engineer at Sprint who could help
resolve the issue quickly?

cheers,
steve
--