Muni Fiber Last Mile - a contrary opinion

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Thu Dec 23 19:09:50 UTC 2010

> A 75% upsell rate to triple play packages seems ludicrous.  I can't
> think of any industry that sees an upsell rate of 75% - can you (hell,
> I sold running shoes in high school, and the -target- upsell rate on
> shoestrings/socks/whatever-else was 15%).
>
> Nathan

Well, I won't get rid of my "wired" phone for VOIP.  The power where I live is subject to outage during storms but the phones work.  I want a phone that works when the power is out for an extended period of time.

At most, they would get "double play" from me (TV and Internet) and that' it.  And based on discussions with others, many feel the same way about having their telephone depend on their cable box having power.