Muni Fiber Last Mile - a contrary opinion

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Dec 23 17:27:58 UTC 2010

I was poking around to see what the current received wisdom was as to
average install cost per building for suburban municipal home-run fiber,
and ran across this article, which discusses the topic, and itemizes
several large such deployments that "failed" or had to be sold private.

I'd be interested to see what comments nanogers have on this piece. I'm
not well enough read to critically evaluate the guy's assertions.

http://www.digitalsociety.org/2010/03/why-municipal-fiber-has-not-succeeded/

Cheers,
-- jra