Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Dec 21 02:28:06 UTC 2010

In a message written on Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:18:25AM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010, Aaron C. de Bruyn wrote:
> > When was the last time USPS delivered you a 100 pound UPS unit over night from across the country while letting you track it's progress?
>
> Trouble is, now they can't. Why? Because they'd be threatening the jobs of
> hard working Fedex/UPS/etc. employees.

It's crazier than you think.

http://www.usps.com/news/2001/press/pr01_015.htm

Express, Priority, and First Class mail flies FedEx, and has since
2001.  I's part of a larger deal which is also why you now see a
FedEx drop box at every post office.

I guess it's coopertition.  I think I just made up a word. :)

So if it's illegal for you to put a letter inside a FedEx box,
what's the penalty for moving all the first class mail in a FedEx
airplane. :D

Oh yeah, FedEx can now deliver to APO and P.O. Boxes as well.

http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/