Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Mon Dec 20 14:11:46 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 06:55 AM, Jeff Wheeler wrote:
> What no one has mentioned thus far is that CLECs really are able to
> install their own facilities to homes and businesses if they decide
> that is a good way to invest their finite resources.

Yes and no, we tried that way back when but found out that there were
rules in place allowing only 3 lines on a pole (Elec, tele, cable),
basically the rules are there to stop poles from have a gazzillon lines
on them; a throwback from the early 1900's. Back then there were
numerous Telephone companies competing for the same customer and poles
became a nightmare with wires. It was common for competitors to cut
other competitors lines back then.

Sure CLEC's could go underground, but outside of the expense, the
permit's process would be a nightmare. Where there was conduit available
we'd go that route, but Verizon would give us a hard time about it.