Alacarte Cable and Geeks

Jeffrey S. Young young at jsyoung.net
Sat Dec 18 05:01:04 UTC 2010

On 17/12/2010, at 1:17 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> [...]
if the retail price of the content is inflated to support the distribution mechanism (e.g. cable, dsl, fios) and the provider doesn't own the content the result is inevitable.  content owners could care less about how the content reaches eyeballs as long as it does so reliably.  Comcast/NBC merger in the face of comcast/L3-Netflix fight gets interesting.

jy