"potential new and different architectural approach" to solve theComcast - L3 dispute

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Dec 17 18:45:52 UTC 2010

On Friday, December 17, 2010 12:51:02 pm George Bonser wrote:
> What if instead of the end users paying for Internet service, the content providers did.

I've been following these threads with some interest, and even replying in a couple of places, but now it hits me that a sea change has already occurred, and it's the whole content provider / end user *thing* versus the original 'a host is a host is a host' IP *thing*.

But content providers already pay more for their 'service' than the typical asymmetric-towards-the-customer bandwidth user does.