Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Dec 16 18:39:57 UTC 2010

> the demands to disclose confidential data on the blog aren't helping either

It's always interesting how things like bandwidth displays are considered
"confidential data" particularly when they show something bad.

The best service providers will actually provide the statistics without
being asked, even to the public, for example:

https://noc.iphouse.com/?skin=print

Comcast may need a reminder that an Internet Service Provider's job
is to provide internet service to its customers.  If you cannot do
the job, open up your infrastructure to sharing and let someone else
have a go at it.  This leveraging-captive-customers-to-get-money-from-
others game is fundamentally dirty, at least if the rumors about your
transit connections are true.

Which probably brings us around to the reasons that it'd be interesting
to have Comcast volunteer the information.

... JG