Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Dec 15 20:01:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 02:25:53PM -0500, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
> From Tata? I'd eat my own hand if they were paying more than $1-2
> across the board.

I know people who have offered them hundreds of gigs of settlement free
transit (including myself), but clearly they aren't interested. FYI a
large number of their wholesale transit/paid peering customer agreements
include clauses which prohibit the resale of services to other parties
too. They don't want one person being able to buy capacity into their
network, then provide it to others.

Remember their goal isn't to save money on transit, it's to make the
transit paths minimally functional so they can force content networks to
buy from them directly (at above market rates, from what people tell me
:P), so they don't WANT to add capacity or transit paths.