Over a decade of DDOS--any progress yet?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Dec 13 21:11:17 UTC 2010

On Dec 14, 2010, at 2:40 AM, "Jeffrey Lyon" <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:

> The only larger ones that i've seen were in company's marketing collateral vs.
> real life.

Here's a link to last year's Report (previous editions may be downloaded, as well):

<http://www.arbornetworks.com/report>

The WWISR is the result of a survey we perform every year of network operators; survey participants fill in their own answers, & we collect the data, collate it, analyze it, & publish it.

We've observed packet-flooding attacks which are considerably larger than what's reported in the WWISR via ATLAS; but as the WWISR is about what operators see and share, we vet, relay & comment upon the observations of survey respondents.

                  Sell your computer and buy a guitar.