Over a decade of DDOS--any progress yet?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 07:58:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Aaron Glenn <aaron.glenn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Christopher Morrow
> <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> verizon's ddos service was/is 3250/month flat... not extra if there
>> was some sort of incident, and completely self-service for the
>> customer(s). Is 3250/month a reasonable insurance against loss?
>> (40k/yr or there abouts)
>
> reasonable, but 'completely self-service' ?
> how much to have an engineer pump my gas for me (full service)? does
> that include a windshield wipe down, tire pressure and oil check (old
> timey full service extras)?

end customer sends the right community and mitigation happens...
remove the community it stops. no need to call someone and make it
happen, just have the NOC/etc at your network follow a simple
procedure.

you are funny though :) (and I think you can call for free, 1-800
number, and get an engineer to make things happen for you as well...)

-Chris