[Operational] Internet Police

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 18:07:36 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 07:59 AM, George Bonser wrote:
>> Not to mention the risk of lost business for customers that just can't
>> be bothered to fix broken machines.
>>
>> Paul
>
> That supposes that another ISP would accept their bot-infected machine.
> It would require some cooperation among the providers.  And should some
> ISP get the reputation of being a bot-haven, then maybe their customers
> might notice connectivity issues.

Unless you can get every company to sign up to an agreement it will
never work.  Even then you'll still find unscrupulous companies that are
far more interested in revenue than reputation.  There are a number of
hosting companies I'm sure most network professionals are aware of that
are regular bases for C'n'C servers.