BGP multihoming question.

Dylan Ebner dylan.ebner at crlmed.com
Fri Dec 10 15:01:37 UTC 2010

Our organization does exactly this. The requirements we have run into are:

1. The block needs to be at least a /24 and registered with SWIP
2. You will need LOAs from the owner of the block. This used to take months to get, now it seems the isps have streamlined this operation
3. You cannot trust the second isp to advertise the SWIP block correctly if they are not a tier 1. Even though they may advertise it for you to their upstream, they don't always have the appropriate procedures in place to get the LOAs to the upstream so your block just gets filtered out.

Dylan Ebner