Over a decade of DDOS--any progress yet?

Thomas Mangin thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 17:06:01 UTC 2010

>> On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Thomas Mangin wrote:
>>
>>> Until this is sorted I believe flowspec will be a marginal solution.
>>
>> We're seeing a significant uptick in flowspec interest, actually, and S/RTBH has been around for ages.
>
> Great to hear :)
>
> But my point is still valid [...]

After some offline discussion with Pedro Marques, I now realise that I misunderstood the flow rule validation process, which mean that my "complain" is really irrelevant, which is good news as it mean that inter ISP flow route exchange really have no technical obstacle that I can now think off.

Thomas