MasterCard problems

Kiriki Delany kiriki at streamguys.com
Thu Dec 9 02:16:24 UTC 2010

It's a national security issue that the federal and state governments
cannot temporarily accept payment from visa/mc? Really?

Is this because cash or checks are not viable solutions? This is the
result of privatization of government. Pay close to attention to what
privatization means. It's a loss of critical accountability.

Demand government not rely on a private payment provider. It's a gross
neglect of national security for payment processing to be beholden to
visa/mc. They have no responsibility to the citizens of the US.

I don't think is actually the case, as mc/visa take fee's of all
transactions they process. Most vendors prefer cash or a check, I would
assume the feds do as well. Of course if you have no actual cash anymore,
and can only finance your debts on credit, well..... yet more evidence the
lack of regulation of credit card companies is a national security risk.

-Kiriki