Mastercard problems

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:47:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Jack Bates <jbates at brightok.net> wrote:

> On 12/8/2010 11:28 AM, William McCall wrote:
>

>> Are you prepared for "informaton terrorism" laws?
>>

> DOS attacks are already illegal. I question the ability to track responsible
> parties down and have appropriate proof to actually prosecute.
>
> Let's be honest. Even in the 20th century, more people had been caught by
> bragging in public than by backtracking.

so... the loic tool uses the host's local address, the attacks are all
HTTP based, or tcp/80 with malformed HTTP... someone with server logs
could certainly get a list of the ips involved and hand that over to
the FBI for proper action.

I know that the folks involved on the MC side already have this data,
and that the fbi is interested in it.

-chris