Abuse@ contacts

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 04:33:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:30 AM, Shaun Ewing <s.ewing at aussiehq.com.au> wrote:
> As mentioned previously, a lot of the traffic in abuse queues is automated
> and you might have anywhere up to 100 emails for a single incident. In
> these cases, we merge the messages into one ticket, handle the case and
> close it off.

Speaking as someone who's been running abuse desks since the mid 90s
[still late to the party compared to other posters in this thread like
say, Joe Greco, but what the heck, hi joe, hope you agree]

Add to it the fact that you get far less "actual email" coming into
abuse desks these days.   Far more email that's scripted / at least
semi automated by smaller trap operators / some small ISPs /
spamcop.net

ARF'd feedback loops from the large providers (which are mutually
provided to each other - each large provider offers one, and
subscribes to those provided by other SPs) are usually sent to a
separate address and auto processed.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)