Abuse@ contacts

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Tue Dec 7 16:39:54 UTC 2010

Hello,

After a weekend of heavy spam last month, we decided to fire some
reports over to the abuse contacts for each relevant IP or domain - some
US/Europe based, others from more "obscure" locations.

We've not had a reply from any of the reports sent over, other than some
automated bounces. Each report from us contained detailed information
about IP, date, headers, spam content, relevant ranges etc ...

How many of you (honestly) actively manage and respond to abuse@ contact
details listed in WHOIS? Or have had any luck with abuse@ contacts in
the past? Who's good and who isn't?

Apologies in advance if this has been around before - I'm new here.   (:

Gav