Network management software with high detailed traffic report

Vasile Borcan naitluzar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 21:43:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Sergey Voropaev
<serge.devorop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does any one know the NMS (network management software) which can do the
> fallowing:
>
> 1. Monitor on Cisco Routers/Switches interface utilization every 5-10
> seconds and send e-mail alarm when utilization low or high of predefined
> thresholds.
> 2. Collect net-flow statistics (at least src/dst) with granularity of 5-10-
> seconds.
>
> The main idea is to have detailed monitoring of the external links and to be
> able to know why (by what traffic type) and when link was highly utilized.
>
> Existing flow-collector can store netflow reports only with 1 minute
> granularity but we need 5-10 second.
>
> As about e-mail alarms - now I do it by embedded event manager on the
> router. But I think it would be better to use external SNMP software for
> that.
> As about detailed to 5-10 second netflow statistics there are 2 ways.
> 1st - Use port mirror and use some software which can analyze captured
> traffic and made a good reports. Do you know such software?
> 2nd - Use SNMP or telnet/ssh for access to the router/switch every 5-10
> seconds and catch netflow counters. Do you now such software?
>
> thanks in advance for you help.

Take a look at <a
href="http://www.andrisoft.com/software/netflow-traffic-monitoring">WANGuard
Flow</a>. It builds traffic graphs with a configured granularity of 5
seconds and emails alarms when traffic thresholds are reached. It only
needs Netflow.