Pointer for documentation on actually delivering IPv6

James Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 21:32:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Mark Radabaugh <mark at amplex.net> wrote:
> of running RIPng.  The thought of letting Belkin routers (if you can call
> them that) into the routing table scares me no end.

I think that indeed looks scary. I wouldn't be too concerned about the
Belkin routers.
How many SP routers are really designed to deal with mass numbers of
RIP adjacencies?

RIPng sounds like a plan to deploy 2 or 3  IPv6 end networks,  not really better
than static manual configuration,  and with significant disadvantages.

So  I would suggest  static manual configuration  of the port on
routers facing the
CPE,  no RIPng.  If there are routes to be exchanged with a downstream user,
use a proper EGP  as one would the IPv4.

Use a CPE of a type that scripts can be written to configure,  for
large scale deployments.

If there is an inexpensive CPE with an implementation of DHCPv6 PD
that works without issues,
I would love to hear about  who makes it, and what the device is...

--
-JH