Wikileaks takedown in US

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sun Dec 5 06:19:56 UTC 2010

On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:32 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> Nothing to see here
>
> except the chill of repression.  thanks for helping the silence.

While I can see your PoV, and even agree with it (especially the ridiculously egregious abuses you list below), Jared posted to an _operational_ list.

Operationally, there is nothing to see here.  Operationally, a network may do as it pleases with its own resources, including selling them - or not - to a customer.  However screwed up the situation is, however much you may agree with the political statements being made, there is no operational significance here.

So could we please bring "operational" back into NANOG?

--
TTFN,
patrick

P.S. Yeah, yeah, I know ... Fat Chance!