Google mail admin contact needed (STARTTLS capabilities issue)

Brent Jones brent at servuhome.net
Sat Dec 4 04:06:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:30:38 PST, Brent Jones said:
>
>> For example, below shows the same MX at Google responding with and
>> without TLS. I attempted about a dozen times over a few minutes to the
>> same MX until I got STARTTLS listed in the capabilities list, but the
>> next attempt to the same MX would no longer show STARTTLS
>
> Equally troubling is the similarly random nature of PIPELINING, which doesn't
> even match the STARTTLS appearing or not. Definitely bad juju.

Yah, I've been trying to find a method to this madness, yet I cannot.
Haven't heard from their support escalation, or from NST.

I'll randomly get a host that advertises TLS, or pipelining, or both  ;)
Certainly not the behavior I would expect from Google, now that
they're doing government/education e-mail hosting.

--
Brent Jones
brent at servuhome.net