ARIN space not accepted

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Dec 3 22:24:16 UTC 2010

In a message written on Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 04:13:58PM -0600, Jack Bates wrote:
> The first takers in a space are hit the hardest. Rementioning here is
> important. Do a google search and find any pages still mentioning
> blocking the range. Contact them and ask them to update. Then you have
> to start the long list with others. it's recommended you setup a server
> with 2 IP addresses, one in the range, one outside the range, so that
> people can check against them both to verify that the problem is with
> the range itself. I've seen some networks that run automatic probes from
> both ranges and compare the results, automatically sending emails to
> whois contacts concerning the problem.

For those not playing attention, the current bogon list should be:

0/8
10/8
39/8
102/8
103/8
104/8
106/8
127/8
172.16/12
179/8
185/8
192.168/16
224/3

It is speculated that no later than Q1, two more /8's will be allocated,
triggering a policy that will give the remaining 5 /8's out to the
RIR's.  That means, prior to end of Q1, the bogon list will be:

0/8
10/8
127/8
172.16/12
192.168/16
224/3

I'd suggest it would be good if folks updated to that now, to prevent
these sorts of problems.  I promise, this time it is the last update
you'll need to do. :)