ARIN space not accepted

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Dec 3 22:13:58 UTC 2010

On 12/3/2010 4:09 PM, Dustin Swinford wrote:
> We have run into an issue with the 107.7.0.0/16 assigned to us several
> months ago.  It appears that many sites have not yet accepted this space.  I
> understand this is not a normal type post to NANOG, but hoped to get the
> word out to as many operators as possible.  Does anyone know of a better way
> to get the word out to ask people to update their BOGONs/filters?

The first takers in a space are hit the hardest. Rementioning here is
important. Do a google search and find any pages still mentioning
blocking the range. Contact them and ask them to update. Then you have
to start the long list with others. it's recommended you setup a server
with 2 IP addresses, one in the range, one outside the range, so that
people can check against them both to verify that the problem is with
the range itself. I've seen some networks that run automatic probes from
both ranges and compare the results, automatically sending emails to
whois contacts concerning the problem.

Jack