wikileaks dns (was Re: Blocking International DNS)

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Dec 3 17:38:07 UTC 2010

> I guess the USG's cyberwar program does work (very dryly said).

It was reported in the last couple of days that Wikileaks could have been taken off the net but the govt decided not to do it.

As for a member of Congress pressuring Amazon, what else would one expect?  If a site has content that the USG might see as "damaging", and if a US company is facilitating the distribution of that content, sure, I would expect members of that government to apply "pressure" but I have no idea what that "pressure" might have consisted of.

But think about it ... if someone had, for example, deep internal corporate confidential financial information on a company and published that on the web, that company might also attempt to "pressure" the publishing entity to stop it.

To expect someone not to "pressure" someone to remove potentially damaging material is probably naïve.