Level 3 Communications Issues Statement Concerning Comcast's Actions

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Dec 2 05:49:26 UTC 2010

Makes we wonder if Level3's contract with Netflix has certain performance
requirements that would preclude Level3 sending Netflix traffic to Comcast
the long way around.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/235645-akamai-to-lose-netflix-as-a-customer-
level-3-and-limelight-pick-up-the-business
	If there is one thing Netflix is good at, probably the
	best in the industry, it's measuring the quality of
	their streaming. They constantly send out emails
	asking customers to rank the quality of the video they
	just watched and they have so much data on what works
	and what doesn't. So when they choose one provider
	over another, they really have the data to back it up.

George Ou touches on a similar point at the end of his article:
http://www.digitalsociety.org/2010/11/level-3-outbid-akamai-on-netflix-by-re
selling-stolen-bandwidth/

Frank