Blocking International DNS

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Thu Dec 2 02:54:56 UTC 2010

On Dec 1, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

> the more i think about this, the more i am inclined to consider a second
> trusted root not (easily) attackable by the usg, who owns the root now,
> or the acta vigilantes.  as dissent becomes less tolerated, let alone
> supported, we may want to attempt to ensure it in our deployments.

Dear Randy;

I am beginning to get the same impression, but I see difficulties moving forward. International agencies come
to mind (the ITU or WIPO), as they are not subject
to government warrants, but I think that the existing ones have their own issues. And I have too many bad memories of Alternic
to feel comfortable about Peter Sunde's P2P ideas. Balancing all of that, internationalizing ICANN may be the best
solution.

Regards
Marshall