Comcast enables 6to4 relays

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Aug 30 22:14:39 UTC 2010

Franck Martin wrote:
> Well I found my 6to4 gateway:
<snip trace>
> and I have so much issues with 6to4 that I have decided to disable it at home (airport extreme). I found out PTB was not transmitted and using scamper and the help of Matthew Luckie there is an odd MTU of 1422 from Internet to me. I suspect the 6to4 relay did not put the MTU to 1280 to be on the safe side... (I saw a recommendation like that on the net).

Actually, their MTU won't matter. 6to4 is EXTREMELY asymmetric when
using relays. The return traffic to you will be via the first router
than can support 6to4, not the relay you sent packets to. This is why
troubleshooting 6to4 is such a PITA. If your airport supports static
tunnels, set one up at tunnel brokers and be done with it.

Jack