Did your BGP crash today?

Pierre Francois pierre.francois at uclouvain.be
Mon Aug 30 09:21:42 UTC 2010

Thomas,

Wouldn't the confusion come from the fact that updates are considered as
keepalives, so that Claudio sees so few type 4 messages because he receives
updates ?

Sec 4.2, Hold Time :

"The calculated value indicates the maximum number of
seconds that may elapse between the receipt of successive
KEEPALIVE and/or UPDATE messages from the sender."

Regards,

Pierre.