Looking for Fiber Plant Management software

Frank A. Coluccio frank at fttx.org
Sat Aug 28 06:06:46 UTC 2010

   CableProject USA offers a free trial and a YT demo video. I can't vouch
   for it, never having witnessed it in operation personally, but it looks
   interesting.
   [1]http://www.cableprojectusa.com/
   Cable Management Software runs the full gamut, from simplistic to
   near-ERP in scope, while others (e.g., VPI) also perform
   autoconfiguration and coordinated, parametric link designs for specific
   types of hardware (WDM, Switches/Routers, ROADMs, etc.). One can spend
   anywhere from free to $29.99 to tens of thousands of dollars, so decide
   carefully what you need, know specifically what you're looking for, and
   most of all, caveat emptor.