Did your BGP crash today?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 20:11:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Mike Gatti <ekim.ittag at gmail.com> wrote:
> where's the change management process in all of this.
> basically now we are going to starting changing things that can
> potentially have an adverse affect on users without letting anyone know
> before hand .... Interesting concept.

you are running bgp, you are connected to the 'internet'... congrats
you are part of the experiment.

I suppose one view is that "at least it wasn't someone with ill
intent, or a misconfigured mikrotek!"

(you are asking your vendors to run full bit sweeps of each protocol
in a regimented manner checking for all possible edge cases and
properly handling them, right?)

-chris