Idea's for donating/recycling server hardware [Off-Topic]

Anthony Iliopoulos ailiop at lsu.edu
Fri Aug 27 01:24:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 04:05:33PM -0700, Wil Schultz wrote:
> I apologize for being somewhat off topic...
>
> I've got a fair amount of SPARC hardware (v210 through v490) and 32bit HP DL360-380 hardware that I'm looking for creative ways to dispose of or to donate.
>
> It seems like a waste to send it to metal scrap, if anyone has a more creative way of disposal please contact me off list. Local to San Francisco.

Wil,

It's certainly a shame to trash these. This is very appealing
platform for some linux/bsd internals devel and testing. I'm
not local to SF, but if you're willing to package & ship a
couple of them, I'll cover the expenses. This will be for
non-profit/educational development.

Let me know!

Regards,
Anthony