(cisco, or any) acl *reducers* out there?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:00:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Cat Okita <cat at reptiles.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, George Michaelson wrote:
>>
>> I have been looking at acl management s/w in the freecode space and I can
>> find lots of tools which manage/distribute and test ACLs in routers.
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone has written a parser which can construct
>> rule-trees and get rid of the cruft, unusable, order-misorder and other
>> issues in a large ACL pool?
>
> Something similar to this?
>
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2008/HPL-2008-111.pdf

this paper, while full of math and graphs and sh*t, doesn't make my
acl management simpler, clearer or more complete... I keep trying to
push my acls through the paper, no joy yet.

there's code or something somewhere that implements the algorithms and
graphs and sh*t that the paper shows in a pretty fashion?

-Chris
(btw, you owe me some neosporin to take care of all the paper cuts)