iPhone updates and required bandwidth

Justin Wilson lists at mtin.net
Wed Aug 18 19:29:46 UTC 2010

    Apple is ultra protective of their mobile stuff.  It¹s just going to get
worse in the attempts to circumvent the devices being ³Jailbroken².  Quite a
bit of behind the scenes checksums and re-checks going on.  They want to
make sure the device cleanly downloads, cleanly installs, and is not
tampered with. Itunes is responsible for doing all this in the background.

    Justin
--
Justin Wilson <j2sw at mtin.net>
http://www.mtin.net/blog ­ xISP News