Numbering nameservers and resolvers

Jeremy Kister nanog-01 at jeremykister.com
Mon Aug 16 07:19:25 UTC 2010

On 8/16/2010 2:49 AM, Mike wrote:
> from eachother? Anyone got advice either way? Should I try to give

If you have a dedicated subnet for /32s (e.g., router loopback
interfaces), i'd pick from there.

if you eventually require geo-redundancy or want to load balance your
queries, it's much neater injecting them into your igp rather than
having a few /32's injected from an otherwise nice clean /24.

I am also a fan of keeping your recursive and authoritative ip addresses
separate.  Not only is this much more modular, it can be more secure;
see http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/separation.html

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./