40 x /18's and an ASN - was Re: Lightly used IP addresses

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Sun Aug 15 02:46:56 UTC 2010

The vendor I referred to earlier that does not support IPv6 explained
this in a private meeting, not a sales pitch. We already use their
products extensively. The discussion was more to the tune of "we
developed IPv6 support but stopped including it in the firmware
releases because no one was using it."

I informed them that we would use it so possibly by EOY we can have
IPv6 support (note: I don't know if Telia and BandCon even support
IPv6 yet? Yet another hurdle.)

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net

Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ddosprotection to find out
about news, promotions, and (gasp!) system outages which are updated
in real time.

Platinum sponsor of HostingCon 2010. Come to Austin, TX on July 19 -
21 to find out how to "protect your booty."