Lightly used IP addresses

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Aug 15 02:34:28 UTC 2010

This week I was told by my sales person at Red Condor that I'm the only one
of his customers that is asking for IPv6.  He sounded annoyed and it seemed
like he was trying to make me feel bad for being the "only oddball" pushing
the IPv6 feature requirement.  I tried to explain to him that by this time
next year IANA will likely have handed out all their IPv4 blocks and that I
didn't have the time spend the first half of 2011 implementing IPv6 across
my $DAYJOB network, but wanted to spread that work over time.  To his
credit, it's been on their to-do list for at least 6 months if not a year,
it's just been pushed back several quarters.

Frank