Lightly used IP addresses

Brandon Galbraith brandon.galbraith at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:54:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> 6.      ARIN receives a fraud/abuse complaint that A's space is being used
> by B.
> 7.      ARIN discovers that A is no longer using the space in accordance
> with their RSA
> 8.      ARIN reclaims the space and A and B are left to figure out who owes
> what to whom.

So is there a fine line between "selling"/"renting" the space to B and
providing 1Mbit of bandwidth over a GRE tunnel to B and allowing them to
announce the space via any other transit provider? I'm just curious what the
difference is (besides a bit of technical work with the latter). It will be
interesting to see what happens as the last of the IPv4 space is exhausted.

--
Brandon Galbraith
Voice: 630.492.0464