IPv6 Server Load Balancing - DSR

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Aug 12 16:28:01 UTC 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 6:19 AM, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> Hi Leland,
>
> Le 12 août 2010 à 15:11, Leland Vandervort a écrit :
>
>> OpenSolaris ILB is open solution ;)
>>
>> but yea, that's what we've started looking at -- hence LVM / HAProxy as well.. (though LVM is IPv4 only, and HAProxy is NAT only for IPv6)
>>
>> does relayd support UDP as well as TCP or is it layer7 only like HAProxy ?
>
> It does everything... :) L2 -> L7...
>
>> In the case of ILB, I'm not convinced that it's a problem with the LB itself, but rather the idiosyncrasies of ND in IPv6 that is causing the problem.. but I may be wrong... at any rate, something's amiss ...
>
> Maybe on some setup you should desactivate ND...
>
> Xavier

If you're putting the DSR address on an interface other than loopback, you probably need to turn of DAD on the interface with the DSR address otherwise DAD
will shut down that address on the interface when it sees other servers with the same address. Sometimes it will shut down all but one, sometimes it will
shut down all.

Owen