Google wants your Internet to be faster

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Tue Aug 10 20:33:07 UTC 2010

Kevin Oberman wrote:
> That said, the actual, published document has some huge issues. It pays
> excellent lip service to net neutrality, but it has simply HUGE
> loopholes with lots of weasel words that could be used to get away with
> most anything. for example, it expressly excludes and wireless network.

Not having read any of the articles and not having researched the matter
of network neutrality much at all. But wouldn't using either a VPN
service or setting up VPN on one or more virtual servers at strategic
locations of your choice avoid this? Unless "they" try to bandwidth
limit your VPN tunnel(s) indiscriminately. Or did I miss something
blatantly obvious?

At least VPN does a great job of "routing around" GeoIP blocking...

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/