Google wants your Internet to be faster

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Tue Aug 10 17:29:37 UTC 2010

> Maybe the ISP's should move this choice to the consumer.

The consumer already has this option on many SOHO firewalls.  No action by ISPs is required.  But this is totally irrelevant to the idea of Net Neutrality.

> I view this exercise as paying for priority when the circuit is full -- like a special carpool lane.

Carrier circuits should never be 'full', unless your definition of 'full' is 50-70%, IMHO.  100% full is a failure of engineering, business planning, and monitoring.  Priority shouldn't be required.

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg