Google wants your Internet to be faster

Reese reese at inkworkswell.com
Mon Aug 9 18:23:46 UTC 2010

On 09 Aug 10 12:32 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Graham Beneke:
>
>> On 09/08/2010 07:21, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
>>> I helped install my first Akamai cluster before year 2000 if I remember
>>> correctly. So it's at least a decade ago :P
>>
>> What I find funny is that Google has already been running these kinds
>> of content distribution nodes in Africa for over a year.
>
> They certainly have got infrastructure all over the globe.

Hmmm. "If it plays in [insert name of locale in Africa]" will not have
the same ring as "Peoria." For the older genset anyway. Maybe if it
rhymes? Spoken to a musical backdrop? The current crop of youts will
not hesitate once.

> The Verizon is probably just a private peering agreement, and someone
> misinterpreted that (or deliberately misrepresented it).

Or it was supposed to be a secret. G was still denying any sort of
agreement with V, last I heard.

Reese