Question of privacy with reassigned resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Aug 5 14:30:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:23:12 EDT, William Herrin said:
>> Absent such a change, redacting identity and contact info for the apartment
>> management company remains simple fraud.
>
> "fraud" is usually defined as "deception with intent for personal gain".  *That*
> standard.  My point is that reda[c]tion does not *in and of itself* rise to the level of fraud.

Valdis,

Nitpicking someone's word choice can straddle the border between
debate and trolling but if you insist then I suggest you first learn
the meaning of the word. "Fraud" is about loss, not gain, and there's
nothing "personal" about it.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

"A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by
conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what
should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive
another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal
injury."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004