Question of privacy with reassigned resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Aug 3 23:35:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Franck Martin <franck at genius.com> wrote:
> If it is a business, then accurate address does not seem to me an
> issue, if it is a private address, I think a bit of fuzziness is helpful

An apartment complex/condo/etc is a business which contains private addresses.

Do you sell to the residents directly or do you sell to the apartment
complex which then resells to individual residents?

If the former then you're basically off the hook for anybody who
doesn't get a /29 or larger.

For the latter, you're providing significant amounts of a public
resource (IP addresses) to a business whose contact information you're
contractually and ethically obligated to reveal. If a particular
complex is worried about publishing their location, they can always
rent a P.O. box. If you're the only one doing the worrying, don't.

IMO.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004